Tuesday, April 1, 2008

saying goodbye


Today I took my precious kitty Spaz and had her put to sleep. She's slowly been going downhill for months and the last few weeks it has become worse and worse. She was beginning to suffer so.

We've had her now for almost 15 yrs. We moved to Texas in May of 93 and the first week of June we went to the city pound and found her there. Tiny tiny little ball of gray and white fluff. Her name came from how she acted she would be laying there calm as can be then just start racing around the house jumping and attacking things.

When Kaitlyn came along she would get very upset when she cried. If I wasn't where she was she'd come running to me and meow until I went and stopped her crying.

She's always had a motor on her and she purred very loud. That didn't change even at the very end. She died peacefully in my arms and I know she is in a better place. But it still breaks my heart to know she's gone

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hugs, Becky - it's tough! Just know she had the best life you could give her.

melissa said...

Oh Becky, I am truly sorry. I know just how hard and sad it is. We had to do this a little over a year ago with our kitty, Wishbone.
Hugs to you!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Becky. I am so sorry about your kitty. Sounds like you all gave her a wonderful life